You could have low scores or you could have 20 or 30
backlogs , you could have done mistakes in documents, or you could
carry fake documents related to finance, degree certificates,
property documents. VO job is to make a decision about you in few
minutes they have. They might in average talk to you for 3 minutes
or so. If you have all the right credentials and you might not get
Visa, and someone with fake documents might get Visa, so its that
few minutes, you have to present yourself to impress them and get
your student visa.
Now, lets assume you are in the queue waiting
to be called for the interview.
- When you walk to the window, have a big smile and wish them
- You could say Hi, Hello, Good Morning, Good Evening, anything
- Eye Contact is must all the times. From the
moment you walk-in towards the window, look deep into their eyes and
smile and wish them "Hello".
- If you don't make good eye contact, then you are reducing your
- Now, you made good eye contact, then its about how to present
- I'm sure you should have answers prepared for all possible
questions. So, next big thing is "DON'T LIE"
- If you lie, then your entry into U.S.A is not possible
for your lifetime. So, don't even think about lying to get
- Some have mastered the art and the lie they speak will be
convincing. If you belong to that category, you have good chances.
- If you are not sure and not comfortable to make up an answer,
then DON'T LIE
- Now, you will be convinced and made a decision, not to lie.
Then VO asks this question " Who do you plan to do after MS?"
- Majority of student will say answers like this..
" My field is growing in India, I will good job opportunities,
when I come back"
" I will work for 1 year in OPT period, gain the experience and
- Let me ask you this, do you really think answers like I will
return back to India will suffice them? They know how many student
go to U.S. every year, how many return back.
- VO know, why would you have to spend $40,000 for 2 years and
come back to India get Rs40,000 per month. They know student will
not come back. It will be very few percentage of students return.
- So, for the question, I would answer " After Graduation, I will
party hard, and then will look for job" that's simple and straight
- The above answer is much different from what you have on your
list. But, the above answer will work.
- Next, for the question related to finance documents, make sure
you know the source of each funds in the bank statement. VO will ask
about transactions, only if they feel something might be wrong in
the finance documents.
- In general, it will be like
Who is your sponsor?
What does sponsor do?
How much is his/her income?
Visa related Stuff:
Sample Visa Interviews
Studetn Visa-m General Doubts
how to prepare for Visa Interview