My name on educational certificates is XXX. On passport it's XXX YYY.

Also due to unfortunate circumstances (my birth mother expired, and its her name on passport and birth certificates and my new mother's names on educational certificates) there's a problem with mother's name too.

I wanted to know what kind of problems this might cause during application process and how can I get around those ?