Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Evaluate my profile for 2014 spring admissions.

MS in US Fresher

Evaluate my profile for 2014 spring admissions.

Want to do ms in embedded or vlsi after my b.tech in 2014.i m going to 3 year.will give gre in january,aiming at 320+ in gre.have 2 years to improve my profile.
    I want to get admission in top 20 universities like ucla,purdue,stanford,Texas austin.
    My profile till now is.
    3 sem aggr.- 77%. Waiting for 4 sem result.
    Training at Delhi transco limited and brics,Kanpur.
    Will do internship at NTPC next year.
    projects-spin led,led display,lfr,dtmf and will do some gud projects in remaining 2 years.
    Will join IEEE and try to publish paper.
    Extra curricular- National level volleyball player,winner aT zonal,interzonal and state level tournaments.
    2 tennis ball cricket national,winner at zonal level.
    Dramatics in republic day parade at raj path on 26 jan.
    Olympiad in math and geography.
    Best sportsperson of d school.
    Join NGO for social service.

How r my chances to get into top 20 uni. If I improve my aggr. To 80% in 2 years?
    Last edited by GoldyKatal; 07-29-2012 at 11:14 PM.

MS in US Guru
    If u can score 325 to 330 and get some good number of publishing along with some more internship, then yes u stand a chance.

MS in US Fresher
    I will do internship next year and try to publish paper.but do my extracurricular activities support my profile?all my certi. are from govenment of india.m a gud sprotsmen as well.
    does this profile help me in getting top univrsty and if possible with some funding?

MS in US Guru
    yes sports adds value (if it'll help u represent the uni ur going to. so even if ur a national kabbadi champion, then not much use)...

And yes, internships and publishing will help..but if u want funding from the top 20, u'll need gre of 325+, toefl of 115+, UG marks in top 2 percentile of university, internships at core industry, publishing tht has extensive reach as well as stellar LOR and SOP.
    check out http://www.msinus.com/electrical-enginering/1235.htm for info on univ shortlisting process

MS in US Fresher
    ok.i want to know about the acceptance rate for carnegie mellon,cornell,.is getting into dese really tough..i haven't seen students talking about mit nd harvd..re they too ambitous?

MS in US Guru
    the better the uni, the tougher it is to get in. simple logic if one could get into MIT, Cal Tech, UIUC and CMU then they would prefer MIT -> cal tech -> uiuc -> cmu...so for top 20, its always a hunt....the other thing is cost. MIT, Cornell, CMU etc would be expensive....u wisc, U marland, NCSU etc would be cheaper....acceptance rate would be around 10-15% maybe....

I strongly suggest u get in as many publishing as possible. cuz even if u touch 80%, if ur univ topper has 89 ir 90, then ur UG percentile will not be in top 1%....try to get in NGO or community service work....I helped with blood donation camps, Organ pledging, Old age homes, Corporate social drives etc, and it helped my canadian admits (which require more all round prodile than US)....

Try to have as much as possible and ur admits would be very good.
    check out http://www.msinus.com/electrical-enginering/1235.htm for info on univ shortlisting process

MS in US Fresher
    I m seeing to.apply to canadian universities as well.how r the placrments out there in canada and us as well?how much a fresher earns thre after passing from a A level uni.?

MS in US Guru
    Right now, jobs in US are very tough...I finally chose canada after speaking to many ppl in the US (some family friends are profs in various B schools). They suggested Canada...not tht the US market will falll. by 2015 or so it should start picking up. But generally its tough now.

In canada an engineer can earn atleast 67000 dollars a year...But u can get ur immigration done in 3 yrs. By default if u graduate from a canadian school u are eligible to work and immigrate there....in US it takes abt 8-12 yrs to get ur green card...

Job security is higher and as a canadian citizen u are exempted from visa. U will get a visa-on-arrival status....Also, u are eligible to work in US.

MS in US Guru
    and 67000 was the lowest salary in ottawa as provided by the employee salary accounts dept....the canadian lowest is 55k (in some small city), the average in toronto, ottawa, vancouver etc is 70k and can reach upto 90k in abt 5 yrs....

MS in US Fresher
    my aim is to settle down abroad.in us I find it quite difficult.but in canada how much tym.it will take.to get a PR,wat.is d.possibility dat i'll get it?salary wise canada and us r.on a same side..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information