Thread: Low GPA Universities

MS in US Fresher

Low GPA Universities

hi,

I need some good universities for phD in physics that require low GPA. and, what if I have done masters degree(2years) and bachelors degree(3 years) both? Do they still look over our bachelors GPA? anyone suggest a tentative GPA equivalent chart for Nepal's eduacation system, please.
    Many thanks,

MS in US Fresher

Gaining Admission to PhD programs

Quote Originally Posted by battolocco View Post
    hi,

I need some good universities for phD in physics that require low GPA. and, what if I have done masters degree(2years) and bachelors degree(3 years) both? Do they still look over our bachelors GPA? anyone suggest a tentative GPA equivalent chart for Nepal's eduacation system, please.
    Many thanks,
    US universities look for students with strong academic profile for the PhD program. These programs are highly competitive and if you want financial assistance, the competition is even more. Since the US education system is 4+2 - you are one year short. Different US universities have different policies regarding admitting students who are one year short.

MS in US Fresher
    I am intending to apply for the MS through the PhD. Many universities ask for 3.0 GPA ( or its B equivalent), but Tribhuvan University, Nepal uses neither of them. My masters' percentage is 68.20 ( surely, more than 3.0 ) and bachelors' is just 56 ( around 2.80 GPA, not sure tho). My GRE scores is 327 and TOEFL is 91. Going to sit for physics GRE test this october.,!

your suggestions regarding the best graduate schools of my profile will be welcome.

thanks,

MS in US Fresher

Applying for PhD in USA

Quote Originally Posted by battolocco View Post
    I am intending to apply for the MS through the PhD. Many universities ask for 3.0 GPA ( or its B equivalent), but Tribhuvan University, Nepal uses neither of them. My masters' percentage is 68.20 ( surely, more than 3.0 ) and bachelors' is just 56 ( around 2.80 GPA, not sure tho). My GRE scores is 327 and TOEFL is 91. Going to sit for physics GRE test this october.,!

your suggestions regarding the best graduate schools of my profile will be welcome.

thanks,

Many educational systems do not have GPAs. US Universities understand this. There are a number of articles on how to convert percentages into GPA. So I would not worry about this operational procedure. Selecting the right university for your PhD program is complicated because you have to find the right university that matches with your research interests. This requires doing in-depth research on the university and the faculty profiles. I am new to this forum and hence am not sure if it is okay to give my email address. If that is allowed, I can email you a document about the process for applying and selecting the right university.

MS in US Fresher
    I do understand the complications of getting into. Last year, I got rejection from UIC and USC. you are absodefolutely right, selecting the right university means half win. your emails are more than welcome. you can email me at battolocco@gmail.com

thank you.

MS in US Fresher
    hi ,

i want to pursue a masters in information systems in a california state university but my gpa is quite low , I have a cgpa of 6.89 in BE, CS. My gre is 306 that's 157 in quant and 149 in verbal and 3.5 awa , my tofel is 101 and i have two years work experience in IT field , please advise.

Thread Information