Thread: Offered Graduate Research Assistantship

MS in US Fresher

Offered Graduate Research Assistantship

I have been offered Graduate Research Assistantship(Full Tuition waiver+Stipend for living expenses). on the I-20 the personal funds required is mentioned as $0. Do i need to show any funds from my parents/loan etc?

MS in US Fresher
    Quote Originally Posted by Alind View Post
    I have been offered Graduate Research Assistantship(Full Tuition waiver+Stipend for living expenses). on the I-20 the personal funds required is mentioned as $0. Do i need to show any funds from my parents/loan etc?
    It is better to show some amount. I would suggest you to have liquid amount(bank savings) equal to or more than the i20 amount, if you had not got an R.A.

In case the VO asks, who's going to fund you? You can say, for instance, "my father was going to fund me, but I got a full waiver, etc." Also be prepared to explain why the University offered you such assistantship.

loan is not required, but in case you already have the sanction letter in your hand, you could keep it to be on the safe side. It will be more like a confirmation that your primary aim was education and not funding.

BTW, if you've time. kindly post your profile and your University. It would be helpful for other users too.

Thread Information