Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iamtheman

Thread: What is Transcript?

MS in US Fresher

Post What is Transcript?

Hi,

I'm going to apply for fall-2015, all universities require official transcripts from respective institutions which one we have studied so far. But I struck with the following,

1. I don't know exactly what transcript is, so what are the information do I need to mention in that?
    2. As I'm from India all my Grade Points are in 10.0 scale only how to convert it into 4.0 scale.
    3. If I send the transcript as it is (like 10.0 scale) will they accept and convert it into their required format(4.0 scale)?

kindly clarify all my doubts ASAP.

MS in US Fresher
    An official transcript is a detailed summary of your all the semester's marks i.e. marks earned, grades per subject, credits per subject, etc provided by the university, hence proving the authenticity of the student. This transcript is provided by the university in a sealed envelope.
    You do not need to convert your grades to 4.0 scale yourself because most the US universities evaluate your transcript and convert them to 4.0 scale themselves. Few universities may mention specifically for a WES(World Education Services) evaluation of your documents and for that you need to send your documents to WES for evaluation. It costs around $100-$200 depending on the type of evaluation you want.
    If you want to get a brief estimation of your GPA, you can calculate it on various free GPA converters available online. Just google them.

MS in US Fresher
    Hi sami,

Thank you so much for replying and clarifying my doubts, I have attached one of my transcript, can you please check this whether is this the correct one?
    Also could you please send some sample transcripts to me?

my mail id: shahulhameed.abkr@gmail.com

BCA_CUM_FRONT.jpg

MS in US Fresher
    Yes that transcript is fine.
    Just keep in mind that the university provide the transcript in a sealed and signed envelope.
    Right now I dont have a scan copy of my official transcript. If you want to look other samples, you can google them. But that transcript is fine and you should not worry.

MS in US Fresher
    Hi sami,

can we send this transcript as a photocopy of the original transcript with attested by the registrar or principal and sealed in the envelope with duly signed?
    If we do like this will they accept this? or do we need always to send original transcript?

Thanks,

MS in US Fresher
    I think the image you posted here is a consolidated marks memo, which is a sheet that list all the subjects with the acquired grades.

Just go the examination branch in the university and ask them for the transcripts. After filling the necessary form and paying the required fee they will give all the transcripts plus a provisional certificate or something like that with an attested envelope . This is what u need to send to the university - all the transcripts, not a single sheet.

So if you're applying to say, four universities get at least six or more sets of transcripts from ur university.. just in case.

And yes...almost all the universities will convert your GPA in the format they want. If not they would e-mail u to get ur transcripts evaluated( very few though)
    samiahmadkhan12 likes this.

Thread Information