Thread: Profile Evaluation|MS in CS|Fall 2015| GRE 312 (Q 164 | V 148 | AWA 3.5) | TOEFL 91| Work exp: 3.2 years as a Senior Systems Engineer |Academics : B.E. in ECE with 88%

MS in US Fresher

Post Profile Evaluation|MS in CS|Fall 2015| GRE 312 (Q 164 | V 148 | AWA 3.5) | TOEFL 91| Work exp: 3.2 years as a Senior Systems Engineer |Academics : B.E. in ECE with 88%

Hi Friends,

These are my shortlisted Universities. Could you please give me feedback based on my profile and suggest any other universities which are safe to apply in California state for Fall 2015..

1. University of Nevada—Reno
    2. University of California - Davis
    3. University of California - Santa cruz
    4. University of California - Riverside
    5. University of California - Irvine
    6. California State East Bay - Hayward

I would appreciate if the chance of receiving aid in the mentioned universities is also explained.
    Last edited by anoochanda19; 04-03-2015 at 02:55 AM.

MS in US Guru
    First plz check if all these colleges accept students from different stream in CS and if they do:

1. University of Nevada—Reno-safe
    2. University of California - Davis-mod
    3. University of California - Santa cruz-Mod/Low Chance
    4. University of California - Riverside-Mod/Low Chance
    5. University of California - Irvine-Mod/Low Chance
    6. California State East Bay - Hayward-Safe

Check out these colleges as well:

Iowa Sate Univ
    NYIT
    NYU Poly
    Univ of Utah
    UT Dallas
    UI Chicago

MS in US Fresher

Arrow

Thank you Dev for your response. I have checked with the universities regarding the branch issue. They are fine with it.
    Can you please suggest any other universities in California. I have region restriction.
    Last edited by anoochanda19; 04-03-2015 at 02:55 AM.

MS in US Guru
    Other than UC campuses...you can check out CSU campuses(Sacremanto, Long Beach, Fullerton,SJSU,bernardino etc) or Caly Pamona or SDSU.
    But all these are not good, incomparison to UC campuses.

MS in US Guru
    Forgot to mention Univ of Southern California, SFSU, Loyola Marymount University, Santa Clara University and Cali poly -San Luis Obispo.

MS in US Fresher
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev261208 View Post
    Forgot to mention Univ of Southern California, SFSU, Loyola Marymount University, Santa Clara University and Cali poly -San Luis Obispo.
    Thanks Dev.
    I am planning to apply for California state -East bay, CalPoly and SFSU.
    Do I have chances of getting into Univ of Southern California?
    What is the precedence order for the CS east bay, CSU sacramento, SFSU, SJSU, Cal Poly - San Luis?
    Are there any chances of receiving financial aid or teaching assistant ship or research ship at these universities?

Regards,
    Chanda

MS in US Guru
    Sorry can't say anything about financial aid, But I've heard that there are really less chances getting financial aid in Cali until you are exceptionally good.
    Now if you talk about preference it depends upon factors like budget and course contents , so plz check college's website to find out more about your desired program.
    In general preference can be given in following order: SJSU (since it's located in the heart of Silicon Valley), CSU sacramento (Capital city of Cali), Cal Poly - San Luis(Acceptance rate is a bit low),SFSU , CSU east bay.
    USC is a mod option for you, do apply in it.
    Last edited by Dev261208; 12-17-2014 at 11:14 AM.

MS in US Fresher

Arrow

Sorry can't say anything about financial aid, But I've heard that there are really less chances getting financial aid in Cali until you are exceptionally good.
    Now if you talk about preference it depends upon factors like budget and course contents , so plz check college's website to find out more about your desired program.
    In general preference can be given in following order: SJSU (since it's located in the heart of Silicon Valley), CSU sacramento (Capital city of Cali), Cal Poly - San Luis(Acceptance rate is a bit low),SFSU , CSU east bay.
    Ok.. Thank you...

MS in US Fresher
    Hi Dev,

I live in California. I am confused between the options of Cal Poly - San Louis and University of Nevada - Reno. Can you please tell me which university would be good for me to apply. Where can I get good career opportunities and good education.

Thanks,
    Chanda

MS in US Guru
    Sorry...i don't have that much idea about these colleges.
    but i guess, Cal poly will be a better option since it is in California and comparatively close to silicon valley.

Thread Information