GRE 2011 General Test
New GRE Coming 2011...
It’s been a long time coming. In 2004 GRE announced changes to
take effect in 2006. In 2006 they announced the changes were to take
place in 2007. In 2007 the proposed changes to the GRE were
Now GRE has annouced a revised GRE to take effect in 2011. The
information from GRE includes a “slick video”. It appears that the
changes are going to be pretty much the same as the changes which
were proposed for 2007.
New GRE Highlights – The Three Sections: Verbal,
Quantitative and Analytical Writing Remain
- no more antonyms and analogies and a statement that vocabulary
will no longer be tested;
- more reading and reasoning questions
-Grading scale from 130 to 170
- calculators allowed
- questions that test reasoning skills and not memorization
(does that mean that the basic math formulas will become irrelevant?
Analytical Writing Changes
- less clear
General Test Changes
- the scoring scale will be changed to a 130 – 170 scoring scale
- test takers are no longer required to answer the questions in
order (presumably the test will not be computer adaptive)
Click here to
and Discuss your Questions..
Click Here to go back
to Home page