In the application process to US universities, you have to report GRE and TOEFL scores to the Universities you want to apply. Score reporting to universities has to be done officially through ETS (Test conductor&Organizer of GRE/TOEFL). Just sending the copies of your GRE/TOEFL scores to schools is not enough.
You can report GRE score to 4 universities for free of cost at the end of the GRE test. You are given the facility of sending your scores to the universities or colleges you want to join. This reporting of scores is done free of cost as the payment for reporting the score to four institutes of your choice is included in the GRE registration fee. This is permissible only for four colleges or institutes.
Most of the students are not aware of the universities they want to join at the time of GRE exam. They decide universities after the exam. At this point you need to apply for an additional report of scores to the universities you have selected later on payment of an additional fee which is called as Additional Scrore Reports (ASRs). If you have already reported scores to a university at the end of GRE exam, you don't need to do Additional score reporting to the same university.
Additional Score Reports (ASRs) - GRE additional score report cost
Additional score reports can be ordered for a feeof US$23 per score recipient. Currently, only scores earned on or after July 1, 2005 are available. You can order ASRs via web, mail, fax or phone.
GRE score reporting Online
- For faster processing, order additional score reports online. You will need to create or have a MyGRE Account to use this service. Follow this URL: http://mygre.ets.org
- Credit/debit card only (American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or Visa®) will be accepted.
- Once a request is submitted, it cannot be canceled.
- Score reports will be mailed to you and to your designated institutions approximately five business days after your request.
GRE score reporting by Mail or Fax
- Download and complete the Additional Score Report Request Form (PDF).
- Mail it with the fee to the address on the form.
- Requests are processed within 10 business days after receipt.
- Faxed requests are accepted if you pay by credit/debit card (American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard or Visa). The fax number is 1-610-290-8975.
- Once a request and fee is mailed or faxed, with a payment, it cannot be canceled, changed or refunded.
GRE score reporting by Phone
1-609-771-7290 or 1-888-473-7267 (toll free for test takers in the United States, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada) 1-888-473-8333 (TTY)
before you call, have the following information ready:
date of birth
institution code(s) and department code(s) (see Test Center and Code Lists (PDF))
Note: You can order by phone only if you call from a touch-tone phone and pay by credit/debit card (American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard or Visa).
Wait for confirmation before hanging up to be sure your request is completed. Once information is entered, changes cannot be made.
Score reports will be mailed to you and to your designated institutions approximately five working days after your call. You must wait until your scores are initially reported before you can use this service. Institutions that receive score reports on CD-ROM are sent reports approximately twice a month. This phone service allows you to request up to eight score recipients. To request more than eight, please call again. Requests for "Test Taker Copies Only" or changes in your mailing address cannot be processed through this service.